All About PreK
If you’re looking for “Happy Land”, step into our Pre-K. Our classrooms are filled with learning, laughter and love. Students build independence, social skills, language and content through a variety of hands-on learning experiences. Our goal is to nurture the growth of each child while learning through play. Our teachers work closely together to plan rich units of study where students are exposed to fine motor, gross motor and sensory experiences. Our students are painting, tossing bean bags, pouring sand, cutting paper, playing instruments, singing, etc. Our classrooms are filled with literacy experiences such as puppet shows, daily read aloud, poetry, and so much more.
Our Pre-K team believes in helping to build a strong foundation for learning by involving families in the learning process. Our home/school connection is strong. We have an open-door policy with families and create many opportunities for parent involvement and communication. We encourage parents to join the “Remind” app in order to stay informed and share special photos of our experiences. We build community by creating special days where we dress in certain colors and/or themes throughout the year. Students and teachers in our Pre K classes are treated as family members. We share a common respect and support one another through all challenges.
Our teachers and paraprofessionals truly love the craft. We love our children and feel fortunate to walk into “Happy Land” every day.
Welcome to our prospective PreK families!
We are thrilled you are thinking about becoming apart of the PS 52 family! We hope the video below will help you answer some questions. (Click on the words "PreK Video") Should you have have other concerns, you may contact Ms. Warner for more information at [email protected]. See you soon!
P.S. 52 Pre-K Supply List
Supplies needed for the start of Pre-K:
- Change of seasonal clothes labeled in a zip-top bag (pants, socks, underwear, shirt)
- Fitted crib sheet for rest time
***WE WILL BE DRAWING AND WRITING ON THE SHEET***
(Do not get a portable crib sheet-it will not fit on the cot)
- Small blanket or beach towel for rest time
- Small lunch or snack bag
- Please do not purchase a backpack or bookbag with a zipper. Instead, your child will need a heavy duty open-top reusable tote bag. (These are inexpensive ($1-$3 and can be purchased at a dollar store, Rite Aid, Marshalls, Target, etc.) We will show you samples on the first day of school.
- We will provide each student with a heavy-duty clear plastic folder for parent-teacher communication use.
Thank you very much for your cooperation!